Monday, April 11, 2022

Alumni Spotlight-Amanda Shadwick

 


Amanda Shadwick

Assistant Principal of Parkview Elementary


  • Graduated Meridian High School

  • Graduated Meridian Community College with an Associate’s in Early Childhood Education

  • Directed the Excellence Childcare Center (2 years)

  • Graduated Mississippi State University/Meridian Campus cum laude with a Bachelor’s in Elementary Education

  • Graduated Mississippi State University with an Master’s in Education specializing in Educational Leadership

  • Teacher Assistant at Meridian Public Schools

  • Teacher of Science and History at Carver Middle School

    • Received the Golden Apple award

    • Teacher of the Year (2016-2017)

    • District Teacher of the Year, Meridian Public Schools 

  • Currently the Assistant Principal at Parkview Elementary (15th year in education.

"I started attending the Boys & Girls Clubs of East Mississippi at the age of 12, and later as an adult, was employed there for 16 years. This is where I developed my love of children.  

The support of Mr. Hood and his staff helped me to build life lasting relationships and pushed me into greatness. At the club, I learned the importance of family, service and leadership, which had been the foundation of my career.

Without the club, I would not be where I am today. We are all given two things each day...a CHANCE and a CHOICE. Don't be afraid to take chances and make good choices."-Amanda Shadwick



Are you an alumni of the Boys & Girls Club of East Mississippi? If so please email us at: bdivinebgcems@gmail.com to have your story featured on our website and other social media outlets. 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment